X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ketogenic Diet

I have been a low carb eater for several years to control diabetes. During the past 4 months, since I started dialysis, I haven't been as strict in that department as I worked on adjusting to eating for dialysis. Now I want to get back to it, and am pursuing improving my health with a ketogenic diet. I'm having a hard time finding anyone talking about doing this online. Anyone here eating a ketogenic diet, or have information on this subject? Getting anyone in the medical profession to even talk about it, let alone work with you on it, is a real bear. I just moved over the weekend, and start at a new dialysis center today, so I'm hoping for a different experience in that department here, but I'm not holding my breath! Thanks for any feedback...

As a nurse i would see a Keto diet for children with severe seizure disorders. I think you will have a hard time finding a kidney dr. talk about it, but you can look up the ideas for this diet in children with seizure disorders. Good Luck.

Comment

I'm curious why there are so many carbs on the Davita diet plan. Frustrates me!

Comment

Originally posted by patti37 View Post
        I'm curious why there are so many carbs on the Davita diet plan. Frustrates me!
        Hi patti37, have you tried using the DaVita Diet Helper? It helps you plan and track kidney-friendly meals that adhere to your specific nutritional goals. This may help you find recipes that meet more of your dietary guidelines. You can give it a try here: http://bit.ly/2ae6Vi2. I hope that helps!

Comment

Been following the DaVita Diet plan for 3rd stage CKD since March of 2016, now I am having seizures. Seems as though I am helping my kidneys get better and causing a new problem, seizure in the process. What do I do????

Comment

Originally posted by Dlynn61 View Post
            Been following the DaVita Diet plan for 3rd stage CKD since March of 2016, now I am having seizures. Seems as though I am helping my kidneys get better and causing a new problem, seizure in the process. What do I do????

Hi Dlynn61, it's best if you direct any specific diet and medical related questions to your local care team as everyone's needs are different. Thank you!

Comment

Hello, just found this forum and wanted to follow up. Looks like it's been a couple years since there has been a reply, but I'm curious if anyone has been following the ketogenic diet on dialysis and noticed beneficial changes in weight, lab values or fluid gains? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X