Close Mobile Navigation

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else frustrated by the limited functions of the diet helper?

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else frustrated by the limited functions of the diet helper?

I am so aggravated by the diet helper tool. I wish it would integrate with my fitness pal or some similar app so it would function more seamlessly and accurately. I don't want grits with my eggs! I want to track what Im eating and have access to recipes that I can easily update to my profile. Is that too much to ask? Sigh...the learning curve on this page/tool is overwhelming.

I absolutely agree.

Comment

I was told a few months ago to go stop eating meat. Now this week, the kidney dr told me to reduce phosphorous and calcium in my diet. I am trying to figure out how this can be done. I only have a microwave to use. So far, it looks like the only things I can eat is salads. That is what has led me to the Diet Helper Tool. It is the only one I know of so far that tracks phosphorus. I see people saying that the tool is not quiet accurate. Any suggestions for me.

Comment

I just know that salads have no nutritional value whatsoever--made with lettuce that is. You could try arugula, romaine or any of the other lettuce groups. I can also have berries, but not all kinds of berries. No melon of any kind. Not a whole lot of choice in vegetables either, and forget about meat. This is not a diet for the frail of heart (or kidney), but I'm determined enough to want to live a little longer, so I do what they say. I went through a phase for about a year where I ate pretty much anything I wanted, so now I am starting over. I just hope I didn't do too much damage.

Comment

Is there a fluid tracker on this Davita site for those of us on fluid restriction???

Comment

Originally posted by Avestal View Post
            I am so aggravated by the diet helper tool. I wish it would integrate with my fitness pal or some similar app so it would function more seamlessly and accurately. I don't want grits with my eggs! I want to track what Im eating and have access to recipes that I can easily update to my profile. Is that too much to ask? Sigh...the learning curve on this page/tool is overwhelming.
            Hi Avestal. DaVita Diet Helper actually has some of the features you describe. The DaVita Suggested Meals can be turned off (check the box beside DaVita Suggested Meals" to turn them off). Now you have an empty tracker to start tracking what you eat. In addition, with the My Creations feature you can create your own meals, recipes and new foods. Once you have added a creation it will appear in your database to easily track your food intake. When creating a new meal you will be able to pull in any recipe in Diet helper to include in your meal. As you discover and use these features I believe you will find Diet Helper very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Testmom View Post
              Is there a fluid tracker on this Davita site for those of us on fluid restriction???
              Hi Testmom. Yes there is a fluid tracker inside DaVita Diet Helper. You can access it from the Diet Helper dashboard.

Comment

Agree very frustrating - have just filled mine in including low fat milk and yoghurt but apparently have not had any calcium!!! Have heart condition, osteoporosis and parathyroid tumor removed last year so it is important to keep track as limited to 30 gram fat a day and check calcium.

Comment

I'm trying to set up my diet plan with the Diet Helper, but the only way to create a complete meal is by using the suggested Davita menus, not the recipes listed in the recipe section. I can create a meal with entree, veggs etc, but there is no way to add on the beverage and "dessert" such as fruit onto the menu if you are just adding recipes to the menu.This makes it very difficult to get enough protein etc into my daily menu.. I thought the recipes would be easier to cook for the family (their portion could be larger to increase protein etc), and I would be able to create a shopping list with, since they are for more then just one serving. Is there something I am missing? Is there a way to create a complete menu using the recipes, and added side dishes that are in the pre programed menus? Or an option to substitute other food items-I have serious allergies to Pineapple (and related fruits such as mango) and rosemary.

Comment

Yes, i am frustrated as well with Davita diet helper. Not sure how to help you. I would like to change the nutritional parameters to match my current labs. Also, i would like to tweak recipes on the site without having to re enter the recipe again. I have also had trouble entering new or different items and the site not accepting my information. Ugh! Right there with you!

Comment

I'm surprised at the negative comments that have been posted. First of all, this is a FREE website, and an amazing learning tool. I am not the most tech savvy person around, but I find this website user friendly. I, for one, am very grateful. Thank you Davita for educating me. My husband is in early stage 3, and with a proper diet, our hope is to keep him there.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeLang View Post
                        I'm trying to set up my diet plan with the Diet Helper, but the only way to create a complete meal is by using the suggested Davita menus, not the recipes listed in the recipe section. I can create a meal with entree, veggs etc, but there is no way to add on the beverage and "dessert" such as fruit onto the menu if you are just adding recipes to the menu.This makes it very difficult to get enough protein etc into my daily menu.. I thought the recipes would be easier to cook for the family (their portion could be larger to increase protein etc), and I would be able to create a shopping list with, since they are for more then just one serving. Is there something I am missing? Is there a way to create a complete menu using the recipes, and added side dishes that are in the pre programed menus? Or an option to substitute other food items-I have serious allergies to Pineapple (and related fruits such as mango) and rosemary.
                        Yes you can easily create your own Diet Helper Meals but you must do it on a computer, not on a mobile device. Once you sign in on a computer go to the dashboard and choose "My Creations" then select "New Meal". You can easily find any of the DaVita recipes and add additional items to your meal. The nutrients are also shown on same page.

Comment

Me, too, Avestal! I just want to look up the ingredients, and plan my own meals. I don't necessarily want recipes. I just tried to find phosphorus content for just chicken white meat (breast) but it's not there!!! Just all these combinations, which I don't use and don't want. Can't I just get the content for the basic food?

Comment

Working...
                          X