X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Potassium Diet

My potassium levels are 6, and I was prescribed a strict low potassium diet. I need assistance with menu items. I do not like white rice, white bread, potatoes, or noodles, so it's not difficult to stay away from these items. It's been more difficult giving up tomatoes, avocados, nuts, salmon, and brown rice and other whole grains, which is generally very healthy food items for most people. I met with a nutritionist who recommended portion control, as most foods do contain potassium, and I can still eat my favorite foods if I limit portions and only have these items occasionally. How do others manage a low potassium diet?
    diet
    100.00%
    low potassium
    0%

If you have seen a dietitian, ask "how much" potassium you can have per day, spread this out between foods you enjoy eating...this is a full page search of renal diet and gives a lot of info... you don't mention your gfr level. My dietitian uses my bun, creatinine and gfr level to calculate the amounts of foods I can eat that are to be limited to keep my kidney functioning.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=typica...&setlang=en-US

Comment

Working...
    X