Close Mobile Navigation

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vegan Baking Recipes Calling for Banana as a Binder - What to I use to substitute?

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegan Baking Recipes Calling for Banana as a Binder - What to I use to substitute?

I have some vegan baking recipies that call for using a banana in place of eggs to act as a binder. Since bananas are high in potassium, does anyone have some suggestions on what to substitute?

Corn starch?

Comment

Hi Sarchik. My husband is a Vegan too. I would try either corn starch as dac0214 suggested or rice flour. You can also try regular flour. You'll have to experiment with quantities to figure out what the right amount would be. Good luck in the kitchen!

Comment

Originally posted by sharchik View Post
        I have some vegan baking recipies that call for using a banana in place of eggs to act as a binder. Since bananas are high in potassium, does anyone have some suggestions on what to substitute?
        I can't speak to safety for a renal diet. We are very new and at the beginning of the learning curve. I am vegan and have used applesauce successfully. Another option is flax seed.

http://www.veganbaking.net/recipes/e...d-egg-replacer

Comment

I try the rice flour but many of my friends try the corn strach also

Comment

applesauce is also a good substitute.

Comment

Working...
            X