X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding nutritional info

How can we add missing nutritional info to items on the DaVita list, e.g. potassium content in a breakfast sandwich?

Maybe you could try Googling what you want to know. I know I had to do that when I was keeping track of what foods I was eating and how much of everything (potassium, sodium, etc.) I was taking in. Hope it helps. Chris

Comment

There is a program called Renal Tracker, which, when it works, is quite good.

Comment

I just made a huge pot of what is like the weight watchers veggie soup, it has onions, garlic, canned low sodium tomatoes, lo sodium beef broth, carrots, green pepper, cabbage, green beans, broccoli flowerettes and sliced zucchini and 2 T tomato paste in it. How do I figure out the sodium amount in a cups serving.

Comment

Hi Scrappingranny9,
          Have you started using the DaVita Diet Helper yet? It has a feature called "My Creations" that lets you enter your recipe ingredients and see the nutrient analysis. There's also a meal creation feature so if you want to plan your recipe into a meal it's easy and you do not have to reenter all the soup ingredients.
          RD Sara

Comment

Hi! The weight watcher soup sounds good! Can you post the recipe! Good for a cold day! Thanks

Comment

Let's say you want to know how much pottasium there is inn an egg, you type in "egg potassium" click enter, scroll down till you find a site called "seat this much", click on it and it will show you the carbs,protein, phosphorus,sodium, cholesterol, etc., etc., etc. You can find anything.

Comment

The site is called"eat this much".

Comment

I sure wish sugar was added to the nutritional values in the DaVita recipes. I tried figuring it out, but can't work out how to do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X