X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potassium and Sodium

Why do I need to be watchful of potassium and sodium? My levels are normal..

Cause it could affect the heart my nutritionist told me. Plus I read it in this guide I was given to read dealing with kidney failure.
    Last edited by ksm0922; 05-30-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

The sodium can lead to edema. Swelling in the feet, legs, hands, and under the eyes.The sodium

Comment

I do not limit my potassium or sodium. I have extremely low blood pressure and was told I am not getting enough salt or potassium. I was tested 7 days a go.

Comment

interesting and informative

Comment

How do I find out what my nutritional goals should be for protein, potassium and sodium? I am stage 3B, and my doctor just told me my potassium levels are too high and I should limit it. I am so confused, not sure where to turn. Would really appreciate any thoughts you would have.

Comment

Cut back on potatoes, bananas, cheese, and don't buy "reduced sodium" foods.

Comment

Originally posted by briggs122 View Post
                How do I find out what my nutritional goals should be for protein, potassium and sodium? I am stage 3B, and my doctor just told me my potassium levels are too high and I should limit it. I am so confused, not sure where to turn. Would really appreciate any thoughts you would have.
                Hi there, that's a great question. A local renal dietitian can help you determine what your nutritional goals should be!

Comment

Working...
                X