Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is recommended that the process of weight loss will be accompanied by reducing calorie intake with physical activity, but do not have to. Since weight loss is the result of the difference between the incoming calories calories "out", even without exercise, you can eat and lose weight. It is important to know that studies show that physical activity helps to prevent obesity, it must be done for 45-60 minutes every day!

You can not lose weight just by exercising without realizing proper nutrition (in terms of food composition and quantities).
    Last edited by Sara; 02-13-2015, 05:10 PM. Reason: link removal

Comment

It is a common misconception that aerobic exercise tones and firms muscles. Actually it accomplishes very little toning and firming. Resistance exercise (weight training) is where real toning and firming of muscles occurs.

Doing both aerobics and weight training is the optimal way to lose more fat and gain more muscle. If you are trying to lose weight, studies show that weight loss increases by 56 percent with aerobic and strength exercises combined.

Muscle may weigh more, but when you increase your muscle composition, the body is able to burn more fat, even when you are resting, because your metabolism is higher. A pound of muscle will use 350 to 500 calories per week to survive, while a pound of fat only needs about 14 calories per week. New studies have shown that building muscle helps your body fight disease better, too.

Strength training benefits everyone, no matter what age or sex, and is becoming recognized as an important component of fitness. Research is indicating that the muscle loss found in elderly people doesn't come from age, but lack of activity. Even a young person who doesn't get enough exercise can lose muscle mass and strength. Strength training, such as lifting weights or performing weight-resistance exercises, as little as twice a week can help maintain or increase muscle mass.

Strength training involving several sets of multiple repetitions using moderate weights will not result in huge muscles. Instead it builds bone mass and increases the metabolism, as well as toning and firming the muscles, giving a leaner look.

It is very important to do both aerobics and strength exercises. The aerobic exercises help your heart and lungs get stronger and help your body utilize oxygen more efficiently, which in turn helps with strength training and overall fitness. The strength exercise helps develop muscle, reduce body fat and maintain bone mass.

Aerobic Exercise is a type of exercise that elevates the heart rate and breathing for a continuous sustained period. This overloads the heart and lungs and causes them to work harder than at rest.

There are many options to choose from today. Bicycling, aerobic dance, swimming, walking, and stepping are all examples of aerobic exercise. Which ones to chose depends on your physical condition, your history, your interests and your goals. Many experts believe it is better to alternate between 2 or more types, to get a better workout.

There are two main types of aerobics- high impact and low impact. It is better to alternate between high impact aerobics (which are harder on the body and may cause more damage) and low impact aerobics, such as walking and swimming. This is called cross-training, and helps reduce the chance or injury and overuse of certain muscles.

You will want to perform aerobic exercises at least 20 minutes a day for at least 3 to 4 days a week. If you are trying to lose body fat, or your physical condition is very good, then you may want to work longer at it. Try exercising up to 40 to 60 minutes 5 to 6 days a week.

Remember there is no real need to go overboard. Moderate intensity is almost always better, and is more enjoyable. Low to moderate intensity is an especially good idea when starting out after a layoff or recovery from illness or injury, or if you are significantly overweight.

Warm-up and cool down is important to reduce discomfort and the chance of injury. Warm up by starting slow and gradually build up to your top speed. Then slow down again at the end of your workout.

The whole idea behind aerobic exercise is to get up and get moving! Find something you enjoy doing that keeps your heart rate elevated for a continuous time period and get moving to a healthier life.

personal statement writing

Comment

You can start with brisk walk. Make sure you maintain a proper posture and also drink plenty of water before, during and after walking.
        Quality Urgent Care San Antonio

Comment

For the best over all workout (time verses results) it is rowing. Rowing provides a total body workout in the least amount of time. Rowing is totally non-impact and burns the most calories per minute. A good rower is around 500 dollars, however most gyms have one or 2 already. I like exercising because I sweat out lots of potassium and sodium, letting me eat more of what I want. Good luck to you.

Comment

Loganwon When you sweat a lot doesn't that make you want more to drink? Aren't you limited on liquid being on dialysis? Sounds like you were pretty active before dialysis. I am not on dialysis so not sure how the balance of liquid works with dialysis and working out. I am looking for good ways to work out. I haven't been very active in a few years and think I better start due to the kidney disease. But it is a slow start. Rowing sounds like a good workout but alas there are no gyms near me. What kind of dialysis are you on? Does it make it harder to work out now? Sorry so many questions.

Comment

I was very active before my kidneys gave out. I like to sweat a lot because then I can drink more liquids. I am on hemodialysis while waiting for my peritoneal cath to be placed. Ricky was right though, walking is a very good way to start getting more active. I also have a AV fistula so lifting weights is out of the question for me. I ruptured it once already and almost bled to death. Be very careful doing any type of serious weight training. If you have a cath or a fistula. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

the best thing i do is walk on a treadmill as many days as i am able (not fit). for as long as i can talk to myself and not get out of breath too much. I just started doing this back in May i think built up to 5 or 6 days a week finally this month. I am intent on losing weight so in a couple of years i should be down i lost 12 kg since may..

Comment

In my opinion, your article is very important for the society that is modern. It high-lights the the problems of the greatest importance. Your fact is fairly convincing and that I agree with your conclusions. We ought to pay mo-Re attention to things that are such. Has found a website https://personalessaywriter.com/case-study/ Having a theme
                  To buy case study from our professional writers is to have primarily an exclusive product with quality control system and the free of plagiarism.

Comment

I recently read an article about this theme. It is very fascinating and actual for today. Write more such posts.
                    Last edited by heall30; 08-09-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X