I need to loose weight and i am just lost - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to loose weight and i am just lost

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to loose weight and i am just lost

Hello,
    I have stage 5 kidney failure. I am anemic so yea tiredness is a issue. I still manage to work despite doing 4 PD exchanges a day. I am desperate to drop weight. I have to loose at least 30 pounds but that is just the starter. My energy is so low so i just have to do it through diet. Has anyone tried weight watchers wile dealing with kidney failure. My wife did it 10 years ago and had great luck but i just do not know. I am open to any suggestions. I do try to eat the best i can but it is not good enough. Thanks so much

Originally posted by Lishron View Post
    Hello,
    I have stage 5 kidney failure. I am anemic so yea tiredness is a issue. I still manage to work despite doing 4 PD exchanges a day. I am desperate to drop weight. I have to loose at least 30 pounds but that is just the starter. My energy is so low so i just have to do it through diet. Has anyone tried weight watchers wile dealing with kidney failure. My wife did it 10 years ago and had great luck but i just do not know. I am open to any suggestions. I do try to eat the best i can but it is not good enough. Thanks so much
    Hi Lishron, thanks for reaching out here! It's best to consult with your local doctor and dietitian to determine the best plan for losing weight. Everyone's needs are different so I'd suggest asking them specific questions.

I hope you have a nice afternoon!

Comment

Hi. I can understand your desperation for weight loss. But as you know, weight loss is not a very easy task. However my brother managed to do so by adopting a simple body challenge. If you want, you can check here about the program. Also, have little control on junk and oily food stuffs. This will help you a lot.

Comment

Hi Lishron. You might want to check out Sparkpeople.com. It's similar to weight watchers online except it's free. It's about making small changes and creating streaks. You can set what you want it to track for you. I have it track my potassium and phosphorus. Hope it helps.

Comment

Sparkpeople is good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lishron View Post
            Hello,
            I hope you're doing well on dialysis and your energy's improved.

I'm putting in a 3rd recommendation for SparkPeople.com. I usually operate from the iOS app. You'll want to personalize your food tracking from the full site on your laptop or desktop; that way you can add potassium and phosphorus to the tracker. I added fiber to mine.

You can also change parameters and intake ranges for protein, etc, to those recommended by your dietitian and doctor.

The downside, as with any program except Davita, that Spark won't give phosphorus and usually not potassium for non-generic foods, since those aren't included on food labels.

For myself, I'm using Spark and sometimes cross-referencing to Davita.

Comment

Weight watchers us working for me. Incorporate ww with a Renal diet.

Comment

Working...
              X