X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not drinking enough water.

My Dr. tells me I am not drinking enough water. I cannot find a water that is pure and tastes good. Can someone please help me?

Hi, kdennis14,
    I also have CKD, and have trouble getting enough water... but not nearly as much trouble as I used to have. I am extremely allergic to chlorine! I have found that, in order to have pure water without having to buy bottled water, I do very well by following this "recipe":

I boil water in a stainless steel teakettle on the stove. Then let it cool completely. Pour it into a Brita pitcher. (I have to change the filter every few months.) When it's filtered, I pour it into CLEAN bottles (juice bottles work great) and refrigerate it. I always keep anywhere from 2 to 4 gallons of purified water in the fridge.

This water is so pure, it tastes fantastic. Sometimes I add a little flavoring (such as Crystal Lite, or just slices of fruit) for variety. This also helps me get more water down. UNfortunately, I love coffee and tea; the water in them does NOT count, because coffee and tea are natural diuretics, which actually cause you to lose water. By the way, our city water normally tastes horrible, but this process makes it taste great. It takes a little effort, but after doing it for a while, you'll find it's a piece of cake.

I hope this works for you!
    poozy

Comment

Working...
    X