X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Overwhelming!

We found out my little brothers kidneys were failing when he went to the hospital for what he thought was pneumonia 2 weeks ago. Our mother passed away a year and a half ago so I am trying so hard to help him. He moved in with my husband and I, which I was relieved but this passed two weeks have been such a roller coaster. Every time I feel like I have a good idea of what he can eat, something changes. I love the menu planner but I feel like I am depriving him of everything. He asked about breakfast cereal and I have no idea. I feel so overwhelmed. Does it get better? How do you guys cope with this?

Hi! I know what you mean about the meals and then 'everything changes'. I guess I was lucky for ten whole years to just have to watch my salt intake. When I started dialysis in February 2016 my team added phosphorus and potassium. I still have a problem with controlling phosphorus! I switched from hemodialysis to peritoneal dialysis in July and then had to make sure I got enough protein and also was careful with calcium.
    I am glad that there are a ton of recipes on this site. A couple of my favorites are the apple a day muffins and the seasoned pretzels. Not sure how old your brother is but my niece and nephew also like those recipes. Good luck with everything.

Comment

Btw, I really like Rice Chex, I eat it with Almond milk.

Comment

Hi livinlg, thank you for sharing some of your favorite recipes! Glad to hear you're enjoying them

Comment

Working...
        X